[Michlib-l] community calendars and marketing

Amber Alexander director at pidl.org
Thu May 12 16:04:57 EDT 2022

Hello Michigan Library Land!

What are libraries doing or helping with regarding 'Community Calendars?'
Are you using Localhop?

What are libraries doing regarding community events for their town, area, or
county?

What role does the library play as a marketing and promotion guru of
community wide events (from other organizations or entities)?

Is this a new role for the library to play in their local communities (in
knowing that not all people and/or entities have the skillsets or
experiences in marketing, but the library may have those that are
available)?

We see or hear of so many other programs and events that 'fit our mission'
but are not our programs but we want to help promote to a more wider
audience.  Not just by having the flyer up on the community bulletin board
but by sharing on social media.

Thanks,

Amber Alexander

Library Director, MLIS