[Michlib-l] Job Posting: Director, Addison Township Public Library

Addison Township Public Library addisontwplibrary at gmail.com
Thu May 12 16:17:45 EDT 2022

Greetings ~

I am new to MichLib-L and would like to post a job listing.

The job is Director for the Addison Township Public Library.  Addison
Township is located in NE Oakland County about an hour North of Detroit.

Here are the particulars:

Library Director

Addison Township Public Library

1400 Rochester Rd. Leonard, MI 48367

Full-time, Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications

Range: $45-55,000

Qualifications

• Master's of Library Science degree from an ALA accredited program

• State of Michigan professional Level 2 Certification

Job Description

The Addison Township Public Library is seeking an experienced library
professional dedicated to the daily planning, organizing and directing of
all library functions.  The Library Director should also demonstrate a
welcoming and friendly front-of-store presence for patrons, and reliability
and confidence toward the staff, Board and external Library business
associates or contacts.

The Library Director is also expected to contribute to the planning of our
new 5,000 sq. ft. library located across the road from our current
location. Construction is slated to begin Summer 2022.  Visit
letsbuildalibrary.org
<https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fletsbuildalibrary.org%2F%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR0Gsag86-vZTNld5piRj71HjlF85jx9yNvCDwmnN8I7cJL8qYMKl-0a62Y&h=AT2nTXm_CyxbiDMhipDu45vQVDYeHWXBisWxRxVrSViZ0fjMrMbrQBKU45YUOgvPpYpd9Qggcd94BQESsTegtQStitf-_CywNnxWd0dTXBioD-hTaVHyAp8lo04RRfDyAg&__tn__=-UK-R&c[0]=AT1W5UnOQ0rDfkynZVUquhRNnRCXfL8vIGNJRosepTszmJXZEoj3VUDPcgrv1HOJhzAIuET4sMpDYdTPRlWqkCzUG4YPcgZBsMQI3rCL84MXk4ZzqDBHMP3Io5jp6PVYbS2Kq7Y4gQomtU7aUBf9ifaAjJNYSUYZm7aHI4vBJ7CIjIo21HJflusOo2Kubsgu1__PdaKZpdkRIe0a2ns27Q>
for more information on our exciting new Library Building project.

Director Responsibilities

   -

   Library Operations
   -

   Collection Development
   -

   Staff Training and Scheduling
   -

   Ability to represent the library at professional and community meetings
   -

   Financial Reports, Payroll, Banking
   -

   Participation in Monthly Board Meetings
   -

   Social Media & Local Media Announcements
   -

   Prepare monthly and annual financial reports for the Library Board of
   Trustees and annual State Aid Report
   -

   Plan, Market, and Initiate Library Programs
   -

   New Building Coordination
   -

   Fundraising and Grant Writing
   -

   Technology Oversight for Patrons & Staff

The Library is located in Addison Township, Michigan (pop. 6,315) and
services the Township, including Leonard (48367), Lakeville (48366) and
Oxford (48370).

Funded through a perpetual millage, and an additional restorative millage
coming up for renewal in 2024, we are a Class II library belonging to The
Library Network (TLN), a public library cooperative. The current staff of
10 orders, links and processes materials as well as collaborates
effectively to offer year-round programming. Salary commensurate with
experience and qualifications.

Benefits (after 90-days):

Paid holiday time off, six leave days, two week’s vacation time per year.

How to Apply

Cover letter, resume, and three professional references are required. This
position will remain open until filled.

Addison Township Public Library is an inclusive workplace. We encourage all
who may qualify to apply for this position.

Contact

(248) 628-7180

http://addisontwp.michlibrary.org
<https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Faddisontwp.michlibrary.org%2F%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR0p1wP8AZRpqrd9Z4Za9d8uOM6dbu4FLlCRB5HvN4MG8kRAtPsNU4r5iu0&h=AT31z3MeV_DrjLaSVsV4ShlMY2GRa0cd-lQdkKm7DBcT-bEDDYtlkvvsoPJ-90iZ0vBL--LmtA4DQ-fVDwfHB90OKqyGWRQgPBpgvAaN9fBxzvnAYZuvvXCfm5cDMQAshQ&__tn__=-UK-R&c[0]=AT1W5UnOQ0rDfkynZVUquhRNnRCXfL8vIGNJRosepTszmJXZEoj3VUDPcgrv1HOJhzAIuET4sMpDYdTPRlWqkCzUG4YPcgZBsMQI3rCL84MXk4ZzqDBHMP3Io5jp6PVYbS2Kq7Y4gQomtU7aUBf9ifaAjJNYSUYZm7aHI4vBJ7CIjIo21HJflusOo2Kubsgu1__PdaKZpdkRIe0a2ns27Q>

addisontwplibrary at gmail.com

Thank you.

--
James Baldiga
President, Addison township Library Board of Trustees