[Michlib-l] Farmington Community Library virtual events

Emanuela DeCenso Emanuela.DeCenso at FarmLib.org
Sun May 15 14:12:59 EDT 2022

Hello everyone,

I hope you are all doing well and enjoying the beautiful weather.
   Farmington Community Library has two upcoming events, that might be of interest for you.

May 17 at 7 pm. via Zoom we are hosting Joan Glass' "Night swim". This is a book of poems, that our author dedicated to her beloved sister and nephew, who were victims of suicide.
Joan Glass originally from Michigan, will hold this one-hour free workshop of poetry to anyone who is willing to hear her story.

https://farmlib.evanced.info/signup/EventDetails?EventId=32879&Lib=ALL&backTo=Calendar&startDate=2022/05/02

May 26, we are honored to be hosting our Michigan Notable Author, Paula Yoo at 7 pm. via Zoom.
In her book "From a whisper to rallying cry; the killing of Vincent Chin and the trial that galvanized the Asian-American movement", Paula Yoo has crafted a searing examination of the killing and the trial and verdicts that followed. When Ebens and Nitz pled guilty to manslaughter and received only a $3,000 fine and three years’ probation, the lenient sentence sparked outrage. The protests that followed led to a federal civil rights trial—the first involving a crime against an Asian American—and galvanized what came to be known as the Asian American movement.
https://farmlib.evanced.info/signup/EventDetails?EventId=33049&Lib=ALL&backTo=Calendar&startDate=2022/05/15

    I hope that you share these events with your patrons.
Thank you,
Emma

Emanuela DeCenso
Adult Services Librarian II
Farmington Community Library [cid:fbf5be81-7305-4a34-b1e6-b0e1ea8a270a]
emanuela.decenso at farmlib.org
248-473-3117

"It is a wholesome and necessary thing for us to turn again to the earth and in the contemplation of her beauties to know the sense of wonder and humility." Rachel Carson