[Michlib-l] Program recommendation: The History of Tiger Stadium with Doc Fletcher

David Stokes dstokes at milfordlibrary.info
Tue May 17 11:01:06 EDT 2022

Hello there,

Last night we welcomed Michigan author 'Doc' Fletcher to talk about his
10th and most recent book:  *The History of Tiger Stadium : a love letter
to baseball at Michigan & Trumbull.*

We'd originally had Doc slated for May of 2020 but had to postpone
indefinitely thanks to the pandemic.  He doesn't do Zoom programs so we had
to wait until we resumed our in-person programming to reschedule.

Doc is very knowledgeable and a great speaker with a lot of great stories
to share about the history of the Detroit Tigers and Tiger Stadium.
He had *so *many stories, in fact, that he ran out of time.

In addition to his presentation and bringing copies of his books to sell
after the program, Doc also brought some Tigers memorabilia for attendees
to win in a drawing after the program.

David M. Stokes
Adult Services Librarian
Adult Services Dept.
Milford Public Library
330 Family Dr.
Milford, MI 48381
248-684-0845, ext. 305
dstokes at milfordlibrary.info

*"The first chapter sells the book; the last chapter sells the next
book."-Mickey Spillane*