[Michlib-l] Job Opening: FT Youth Services Librarian

Shannon Powers spowers at chelseadistrictlibrary.org
Wed Nov 16 14:35:54 EST 2022

The Chelsea District Library is seeking an energetic and passionate youth
services librarian to join our team. This person will be responsible for
planning and implementing weekly storytimes in the library and out,
developing early literacy collections, staffing our reference desks, and
even riding out on our new bookmobile! This is a fun, fast paced library
located in a beautiful small town.  The job description is attached, with
more details below.

CDL is a nationally recognized library located in historic downtown Chelsea
with a mission to engage, inspire, and equip through evolving resources and
service. An integral part of the Chelsea community, we provide patrons of
all ages with a variety of services, resources, and programs to meet the
educational, recreational, and informational needs of the community we
serve. We truly believe that coming to work every day should be fun,
challenging, and supportive! We look forward to hearing how you can support
our mission and contribute to our culture.

*Pre-interview questions (to be submitted with application materials):*

   - How do you see the role of a youth services librarian responding to
   our library’s mission?
   - What qualifications and qualities are important in the role of a
   public library youth services librarian? Describe at least three.
   - What is your vision of the role of a youth services librarian in the
   future?

*Pre-interview assignment:*
Please prepare a 15 minute storytime to be performed during the interview.

*Items to submit (in a single PDF file):*

   1. Cover letter
   2. Resume
   3. Answers to pre-interview questions
   4. CDL job application

Apply to: jobs at chelseadistrictlibrary.org

*Deadline for applications: *December 7th, 2022   by 5PM
*Interviews anticipated:* December 12th-16th
*Target starting date: *January 4th, 2023

Shannon Powers
She/Her/Hers
*Head of Information Services*
Information Services
Chelsea District Library
p: 734.475.8732 X217 <(734)%20475-8732>
f: 734.475.6190 <(734)%20476-6190>
a: 221 S. Main Street | Chelsea | MI | 48118
w: chelseadistrictlibrary.org  e:spowers at chelseadistrictlibrary.org
<https://www.facebook.com/ChelseaDistrictLibrary/>
<https://twitter.com/ChelseaLibrary>
<https://art.chelseadistrictlibrary.org/community-art-quilt/>