[Michlib-l] "She's Gone Missing: Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women" Virtual Event w/ Heather Bruegl @ Plymouth District Library

Sarah Vargas svargas at plymouthlibrary.org
Mon Nov 21 14:51:05 EST 2022

Hi library land! Please excuse any cross-posting.

The Plymouth District Library is honored to host the following virtual
event with Heather Bruegl on November 29th from 7-8pm. Please feel free to
share this event with your colleagues and patrons, especially those who are
fans of true crime and/or current events.

She's Gone Missing: Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women
Tuesday, November 29th @ 7pm via Zoom - *Register here
<https://plymouth.librarycalendar.com/event/shes-gone-missing-missing-and-murdered-indigenous-women>
for
Zoom details*
Indian Country.  Within our community we are dealing with an epidemic of
Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women.  With numbers so high that they are
unreported, how do we deal with it all?  Why aren't there concrete
statistics?  Why do the crimes go unreported?  What has the FBI done to
help with this epidemic?  What does “Missing White Woman Syndrome” have to
do with this?  Let's talk some history and try to find out why this is an
issue and what we can do in and out of Indian Country to make sure that our
sisters, mothers, daughters, wives, girlfriends, women, don't become a
statistic. Presented by historian and activist Heather Bruegl.

Thanks!
- Sarah

--
Sarah Vargas (she/her <https://pronouns.org/what-and-why>) | Adult Services