[Michlib-l] [MMLLdirectors] FCC Broadband Map

Mark Morton director at lelandlibrary.org
Mon Nov 21 15:06:09 EST 2022

I checked my address and it is listed as served because of Space
Exploration Holdings, LLC, which is Elon Musk's Starlink system. Until
recently we had DSL over the phone line which was 1.5 down and .5 up. This
summer we did get Starlink (our only option) and now have 100/10.
This system will eventually cover virtually all of the United States, if it
doesn't already, so all broadband maps will reflect this availability.
People with limited means being able to afford it is a different thing, and
hopefully the government will recognize this and provide assistance based
on that.

--
*Mark Morton*
Director