[Michlib-l] Linked Data User Group: Fall 2022 All-Users Group Meeting on November 2 with Marshall Breeding

Scott Garrison garrisons at mcls.org
Tue Oct 18 16:16:59 EDT 2022

*posting on behalf of the MCLS Linked Data User Group Steering Committee – please excuse cross-posting*

Linked Data Users Group: Fall 2022 All-Users Group Meeting

Wednesday, November 2, 1 p.m. Central / 2 p.m. Eastern, via Zoom

Library Systems’ Readiness for Linked Data

Join MCLS’s Linked Data Users Group<https://www.mcls.org/engagement/linked-data-users-group/> for our virtual fall All-Users Meeting. Our guest speaker is Marshall Breeding, Creator and Editor of Library Technology Guides, who will be speaking about library technologies and current and future system integrations with Linked Data. In the following Q&A, we'll converse about the current library systems environment, the outlook on BIBFRAME, Linked Data and library materials discoverability, and if we'll ever see a future of Linked Library Data. We encourage you to bring your questions.

Marshall Breeding is an independent consultant, speaker, and author. He is the creator and editor of Library Technology Guides <https://librarytechnology.org/> and the libraries.org<http://libraries.org> online directory of libraries on the Web. His monthly column Systems Librarian<http://systemslibrarian.org/> appears in Computers in Libraries; he is the Editor for Library Technology Newsletter<http://www.alatechsource.org/ltn/>, published through Library Technology Guides; he has edited and authored several books, including Cloud Computing for Libraries<http://www.alatechsource.org/techset-issue-11-cloud-computing-for-libraries-by-marshall-breeding>.

Registration is free at:
https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZMoc-GtrD0iHtKh214DUtUKxDJMfGr9nQAx

Thank you,

Scott

Scott Garrison (he/him/his)
Executive Director
Midwest Collaborative for Library Services (MCLS)
1407 Rensen St. Suite 1
Lansing, MI 48910
(517) 489-4071 (new number)
garrisons at mcls.org<mailto:scott at mcls.org>