[Michlib-l] Please help promote

Kat Boyer librarykat.15 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 11:52:39 EDT 2022

Hello all!

The Benton Harbor Public Library is holding our Annual Hobbitun Run on
November 12 at noon.  This event will benefit the Children's Department of
the Benton Harbor Public Library and our partner program with the Corewell
Health Center for Better Health and Wellness called Launchpad 022.

A little bit about Launchpad 022:
Launchpad 022 is a collaborative effort between the Benton Harbor Public
Library and Spectrum Health Lakeland’s Center for Better Health and
Wellness.
Eighty percent of our health is influenced by social determinants such as
access to quality education, economic stability, and employment. There are
disparities in the health outcomes of our urban and rural populations.
Those inequities begin early in life and increase over time. We will
address community-identified health needs as they apply to youth, thereby
changing the trajectory of their lives where the Social Determinants of
Health (SDoH) have the greatest impact.
The goal is to provide innovative and free educational, motivational,
leadership and internship opportunities to middle school students in an
equitable manner while improving social cohesion in a safe environment.
Launchpad 022 will improve the health of Berrien County youth by providing
unlimited, equitable access to our world and eliminate disparities that
currently exist.
To sign up for this event you can visit:

runsignup.com/hobbitonbeerrun
<http://runsignup.com/hobbitonbeerrun?fbclid=IwAR3_tCl4A98nWLNjoo9c5OUOhIiTk48otq__O2oFQN3DJriLbDdR2EdAJ6M>

You can run, or walk a 5k distance in downtown Benton Harbor.  You also get
a super awesome Hobbiton shirt.

Kat Boyer
Director
Benton Harbor Public Library