[Michlib-l] Library Art Exhibit

Jack Buck jbuck at richlandlibrary.org
Thu Oct 27 18:18:03 EDT 2022

Hello All,

Question about donations/contributions.

Our library has a rotating "Art at the Library" exhibit to highlight local artists. This process is submission proposal based. Currently we have an artist wanting to donate all potential contributions to our library. I presume this is allowable. If not, please advise.

If so, what parameters should I set? For example, are price listings fine? Or leave all price value out of sight for patrons+ visitors? I would think to leave pricing behind circ desk, but didn't see any exact rules on this, and I've seen many other libraries have $value below displayed art.

If a guest wants to acquire a specific art piece, can the library take that check/cash, or should all transaction occur strictly between the artist and the interested party? If the library can take that check, must it go into Friends of Library account, or can it be allocated elsewhere?

Thanks for your experience and help.

Jack Buck
Richland Community Library, Director

--
This message has been scanned by E.F.A. Project and is believed to be clean.