[Michlib-l] Library Art Exhibit

Jean Fellows progcoord at gladl.org
Fri Oct 28 11:48:54 EDT 2022

We've has student art exhibits, but not for community artist-- it sounds
like a great idea. Sadly, I can't address your question though.

On Thu, Oct 27, 2022 at 6:19 PM Jack Buck via Michlib-l <michlib-l at mcls.org>
wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> Question about donations/contributions.
>
> Our library has a rotating "Art at the Library" exhibit to highlight local
> artists. This process is submission proposal based. Currently we have an
> artist wanting to donate all potential contributions to our library. I
> presume this is allowable. If not, please advise.
>
> If so, what parameters should I set? For example, are price listings fine?
> Or leave all price value out of sight for patrons+ visitors? I would think
> to leave pricing behind circ desk, but didn't see any exact rules on this,
> and I've seen many other libraries have $value below displayed art.
>
> If a guest wants to acquire a specific art piece, can the library take
> that check/cash, or should all transaction occur strictly between the
> artist and the interested party? If the library can take that check, must
> it go into Friends of Library account, or can it be allocated elsewhere?
>
> Thanks for your experience and help.
>
> Jack Buck
> Richland Community Library, Director
>

> --
> *E.F.A. Project* <http://www.efa-project.org>, and is believed to be
> clean.

Jean Fellows
(she/hers)
Programming Coordinator
Grand Ledge Area District Library
131 E. Jefferson St.,
Grand Ledge, MI 48837
517-627-7014

*The Grand Ledge Area District Library is situated on ancestral,
traditional and contemporary lands of the Anishinaabeg – Three Fires
Confederacy of Ojibwe, Odawa and Potawatomi peoples land ceded in the 1819
Treaty of Saginaw.*