[Michlib-l] Service Contracts with Neighboring Townships

BillieJo Bluemer billiejo at rauchholzlibrary.org
Thu Sep 8 16:52:48 EDT 2022

Hello,

As our contract with a neighboring township for library service needs to be
re-signed, my Library Board is gathering information.  Especially looking
for information from Class 2 size libraries.

If you have a contract with a township, village, etc. could you answer the
following questions:

1.	What is the contract's flat out fee (not including penal fines/state
aid)?
2.	What is the population of your area that provides millage funds and
what is the population of the contract service?
3.	How many cardholders in the contract service area plus total in all
do you serve?
4.	How do you calculate what the contract flat fee should be?
5.	What Class size library are you?

We are reviewing options of how to calculate a flat contract fee as penal
fines in our county have dropped significantly and the amount we receive via
the contract has actually decreased/remained stagnant over the last 11 years
and my Board is thinking this is not fair to our township who funds us
through a millage in perpetuity which has increased a lot in 11 years.

Thank you.

BillieJo Bluemer

Director

Rauchholz Memorial Library