[Michlib-l] Manager Opportunity - Grand Rapids, Michigan

Brian Mortimore BMortimore at kdl.org
Thu Sep 15 08:56:43 EDT 2022

Regional Manager II - Cascade Twp. and Caledonia Twp.
Salary
$73,000.00 - $95,000.00 Annually
Location
Grand Rapids, MI
Job Type
Full-time
Department
Cascade Township Branch
Job Number
00471
Closing
9/26/2022 4:59 PM Eastern

  *   DESCRIPTION<https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/kdl/jobs/3718128/regional-manager-ii-cascade-twp-and-caledonia-twp?pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs#details-info>
  *   BENEFITS<https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/kdl/jobs/3718128/regional-manager-ii-cascade-twp-and-caledonia-twp?pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs#details-benefits>
  *   QUESTIONS<https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/kdl/jobs/3718128/regional-manager-ii-cascade-twp-and-caledonia-twp?pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs#details-questions>

Description

Under the general direction of the Regional Manager I, the Regional Manager II provides direct and indirect supervision of all branch staff. Responsible for day-to-day circulation operations and implementation of policy and procedural changes.

Duties and Responsibilities

  *   Coordinates and supervises multiple branch positions, providing staff with the professional support necessary to excel in providing outstanding customer service.
  *   Participates on interview teams and helps select and onboard staff; works in conjunction with Training Manager to provide training in circulation, day to day operational procedures and customer service; assigns tasks; monitors, evaluates, and provides feedback on work performance; performs and documents quarterly staff performance check-ins. Assists staff in identifying professional/career goals and selecting available training opportunities.
  *   Ensures the planning and facilitation of team meetings; assists the Regional Manager I as needed in conducting branch meetings and team huddles. Verifies and approves electronic timesheets for staff on a biweekly basis. Reports any security guard issues to Regional Manager I (as applicable).
  *   Oversees weeding reports process and collection maintenance. Communicates operational updates and issues to staff.
  *   Serves as a liaison to the Manager of User Experience on matters related operational procedures. Helps update branch SharePoint page as necessary, and communicates branch updates, webpage changes, and emergency closings to appropriate stakeholders in the absence of the Regional Manager I. Evaluates new technology for branch with a focus on operational technology needs.
  *   Reports any emergency maintenance issues to appropriate contacts and notifies Regional Manager I. Oversees study room bookings and usage.
  *   Participates in short and long-range planning, recommends operational/circulation policy and procedures in accordance with the KDL strategic plan, and aids the Regional Manager I in local planning efforts of new or expanded facilities.
  *   Communicates to Regional Manager I about branch operational equipment and other applicable needs during the budget process. Oversees internal cash handling procedures, the recording of money taken in, and ensures the balancing of the cash register. Verifies money is forwarded to the Finance Department for processing.
  *   Oversees monthly operational statistics, status reports, and visitor count entry completion. Review branch operational statistics for scheduling and staffing purposes.
  *   Serves as a liaison to branch Friends Group in absences of the Regional Manager I and helps prepare sales figures for reporting to appropriate stakeholders as needed.
  *   Represents KDL professionally in the community by joining groups and organizations respective to position at a local, state or national level, and aligned with branch goals and KDL Strategic Plan.
  *   Performs other duties as assigned.

Job Requirements

  *   This job requires a Bachelor’s Degree plus 5 years related/relevant (retail, restaurant, public service, etc.) experience, -or- Master’s degree in Library Science or related/relevant field, -or- high school diploma plus 10 years applicable experience, with at least five of the ten in successful relevant service at Kent District Library.
  *   Six or more years of professional work experience including a minimum of three years of supervisory experience.
  *   Ability to travel between work locations and related places of business as needed.
  *   Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the principles, methods and practices of public service operations.
  *   Considerable knowledge of the services offered through the library with an ability to promote such services to the general public.
  *   Demonstrated knowledge or ability to learn public library computer hardware and software applications.
  *   Demonstrated management and leadership skills necessary to plan and administer the services of   libraries.
  *   Ability to work under general supervision with latitude in exercising independent judgment and discretion subject to policies and procedures and professional practices.
  *   Interpersonal and communication skills necessary to work with a wide variety of individuals and establish effective working relationships with local government officials, civic leaders, community group leaders, Library patrons and personnel.  The incumbent is also required to make formal presentations and communicate effectively in both oral and written forms.
  *   Analytical ability to research information, maintain statistical records and summarize findings.
  *   Visual acuity and physical skills necessary to retrieve library materials from shelves and storage areas, maintain library materials and operate equipment.  The incumbent is required to have the physical ability to push/pull fully loaded book carts and lift/carry materials weighing up to 40 pounds.
  *   Hearing ability to answer telephone and patron inquiries.
  *   Computer skills necessary to effectively utilize word processing and spreadsheet computer software applications and Internet services.

Additional Information

  *   KDL provides library services to our local communities seven days per week.
  *   While this position is currently assigned to the above location, KDL reserves the right to require employees to be available for assignments at any KDL location.

Kent District Library is recognized as one of the Best & Brightest Companies to Work for in West Michigan 2019. This stems from offering competitive pay, outstanding benefits and fostering excellent work-life balance, but more than anything, it comes as a result of our workplace culture and sense of purpose, which is to further all people.

To learn more about working at Kent District Library, check out our video:
Behind the Scenes @ KDL<https://youtu.be/OxOQf3oFvBk>

The library employment environment typically requires extensive computer keyboard and mouse activity, in-person, electronic and telephone communication skills. Meeting attendance at various branch and service center locations is expected; self-identified mode of transportation is required.  The preparation, loading and carrying or moving of materials is commonly required for all KDL positions. Reasonable accommodations are available for individuals with disabilities.

This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a person assigned to this job. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties that may be performed by a person so classified.

Agency
Kent District Library

Address
814 West River Center NE

Comstock Park, Michigan, 49321

Phone
(616) 784-2226

Website
https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/kdl

Brian Mortimore

Director of Human Resources & Organizational Development

Kent District Library | Service Center

814 West River Center Dr. NE, Comstock Park, MI 49321

D 616.647.4148

[Signature-tagline300x17]<http://kdl.org/>

Named one of the Best & Brightest Employers to Work For in West Michigan and America 2019