[Michlib-l] Library Murder Mystery Party

Anna Merritt amerritt at richlandlibrary.org
Wed Aug 2 15:05:35 EDT 2023

Hello All,

A few weeks ago we held our first Murder Mystery Party at our library and it went great!

We created the mystery from scratch and called it Murder in the Stacks. We recruited volunteers with community theatre experience to be our suspects and let the attendees play detective and interview all of them. There was a puzzle element for each suspect which made it similar to an escape room.

We had around 30 attendees and hosted it on a Saturday, after close, for about 2 hours. Pre-event registration allowed us to have personalized detective badges for all attendees, as well as completion certificates at the end. We offered appetizers and lemonade. Having the entire library free allowed us to use the whole space and spread out the suspects.

If we had to change one thing, we would either have made the program a bit longer (2.5 hours) or reduced the puzzles/suspects to 4 or 5 rather than 6.

We worked so hard on the event that we want to share it with other libraries!

Here is the link for Google Drive folder featuring everything you need to host your own Murder in the Stacks! Please take a look. Feel free to email amerritt at richlandlibrary.org for any specific questions.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1_ENFoQt0IO-EXAZxCwYbs8w35Sv_Lat1?usp=sharing

Anna Merritt
Assistant Director
Richland Community Library
8951 Park Street
Richland, MI 49083
(269) 629-9085
https://www.richlandlibrary.org/

--
This message has been scanned by E.F.A. Project and is believed to be clean.