[Michlib-l] VOX books

Jean Fellows progcoord at gladl.org
Thu Aug 17 16:28:30 EDT 2023

Our VOX are shelved and circ'd like any other book. We do charge on return.

We plan to develop a bag packaging for the VOX with the VR glasses though.

On Thu, Aug 17, 2023 at 12:22 PM Sarah Skinner via Michlib-l <
michlib-l at mcls.org> wrote:

> Hello, Library Land!
>
> BPL is adding VOX books to our collection! We are looking at best
> practices for these awesome books. My cataloging gal and I were wondering
> if we could get your collective input on the following questions:
>
> 1. Do you use any sort of zippered bag/pouch for circulation or do they go
> out like any other book?
>
> 2. Do you have any sort of agreement/waiver for checkout (similar to
> Library of Things or tech equipment)?
>
> 3. Do you send the charger home with the patron, too, or do staff recharge
> them upon check in?
>
> Thank you in advance for any information you can provide!
>
> Kind regards,
> Sarah Skinner, MLIS
> Executive Director (she/her)
>
> *"The most important asset of any library goes home at night – the library
> staff."  ~**Timothy Healy*

Jean Fellows
(she/hers)
Programming Coordinator
Grand Ledge Area District Library
131 E. Jefferson St.,
Grand Ledge, MI 48837
517-627-7014

*The Grand Ledge Area District Library is situated on ancestral,
traditional and contemporary lands of the Anishinaabeg – Three Fires
Confederacy of Ojibwe, Odawa and Potawatomi peoples-- land ceded in the
1819 Treaty of Saginaw. For more information, see the article from Central
Michigan University
Library:https://blogs.cmich.edu/library/2019/11/26/the-1819-treaty-of-saginaw/#:~:text=In%20the%201819%20treaty%2C%20the,living%20on%20the%20ceded%20territory.