[Michlib-l] Looking for Biology and Chemistry databases?

Klaudia Janek kjanek at bloomfield.org
Wed Aug 30 14:41:45 EDT 2023

Hello Library Friends-

Last week I sent an email looking for Physics databases that had raw data
in it that my physics students could use and do their own analysis.  I got
some amazing results from people here and am just blown away by the science
information that I did not know about (in my defense - I am a humanities
person).  Here are the sites I received from people and compiled in a
Follett Collection (like a LibGuide, but not as fancy)
<https://collections.follettsoftware.com/collectionsweb/collection/64e61f0b1e7571000733794e>

Now my Biology and Chemistry departments are jealous and they would like
something similar for their students.  We need databases were raw data is
housed.  Our students have 2 options, they can do their own lab and collect
data and then analyze it.  Or they can use existing raw data and do their
own analysis and write up a report.  Usually it's data that cannot be
collected in a high school science lab.  It can be local, national or
international.

So, if you know of any great Biology or Chemistry databases...either a site
or a LibGuide, please share.  I'm poking around in some university
LibGuides, but it's just hard for me to find when I'm not that familiar
with them.

Thank you!
Klaudia

--