[Michlib-l] Looking for Biology and Chemistry databases?

Jean Fellows progcoord at gladl.org
Wed Aug 30 14:49:48 EDT 2023

I'm with you -- kinds lost with this stuff. Is this helpful:
https://lib.msu.edu/health/biosciences

On Wed, Aug 30, 2023 at 2:43 PM Klaudia Janek via Michlib-l <
michlib-l at mcls.org> wrote:

> Hello Library Friends-
>
> Last week I sent an email looking for Physics databases that had raw data
> in it that my physics students could use and do their own analysis.  I got
> some amazing results from people here and am just blown away by the science
> information that I did not know about (in my defense - I am a humanities
> person).  Here are the sites I received from people and compiled in a
> Follett Collection (like a LibGuide, but not as fancy)
> <https://collections.follettsoftware.com/collectionsweb/collection/64e61f0b1e7571000733794e>
>
> Now my Biology and Chemistry departments are jealous and they would like
> something similar for their students.  We need databases were raw data is
> housed.  Our students have 2 options, they can do their own lab and collect
> data and then analyze it.  Or they can use existing raw data and do their
> own analysis and write up a report.  Usually it's data that cannot be
> collected in a high school science lab.  It can be local, national or
> international.
>
> So, if you know of any great Biology or Chemistry databases...either a
> site or a LibGuide, please share.  I'm poking around in some university
> LibGuides, but it's just hard for me to find when I'm not that familiar
> with them.
>
> Thank you!
> Klaudia
>

> *International Academy*
>
> www.iatoday.org

Jean Fellows
(she/hers)
Programming Coordinator
Grand Ledge Area District Library
131 E. Jefferson St.,
Grand Ledge, MI 48837
517-627-7014

*The Grand Ledge Area District Library is situated on ancestral,
traditional and contemporary lands of the Anishinaabeg – Three Fires
Confederacy of Ojibwe, Odawa and Potawatomi peoples-- land ceded in the
1819 Treaty of Saginaw. For more information, see the article from Central
Michigan University
Library:https://blogs.cmich.edu/library/2019/11/26/the-1819-treaty-of-saginaw/#:~:text=In%20the%201819%20treaty%2C%20the,living%20on%20the%20ceded%20territory.