[Michlib-l] iPads for Patron Training - Best Way to Erase Content Between Uses

Scott Morey smorey at tadl.org
Thu Aug 31 16:46:30 EDT 2023

Greetings,

We recently purchased six iPads that will be used for patron training /
outreach. It is important that we make sure all patron data is removed from
these devices between uses.

Because we will be using these devices for different classes and events up
to 8 times a month, doing a factory reset and then reconfiguring them
manually is far from ideal.

I've also looked into MDM software like Jamf, but it really isn't designed
for this purpose either.

If you are using iPads for training events or even checking them out to
patrons, I would be interested in how you handle this.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated and if you are ever up in Traverse
City, I'll owe you slice of cherry pie or a root beer.

Cheers,

Scott W. Morey
he/him/his
Assistant Director for Technology