[Michlib-l] # of Bids Required for District Library

Eric Hansen ehansen at vicksburglibrary.org
Tue Jan 24 08:43:44 EST 2023

Hello,

I have a question and I've had some trouble finding a good answer. I hope one of you can give me some guidance.

My Board wants to know if we are legally required to solicit a minimum number of bids for construction work. My approach when looking for a new vendor of any kind has been to contact a large number--- it's not very difficult to transmit the same text to at least 5-10 different providers and compare their replies. But, my Board wants to know if there is a legal minimum for a district library.

Thank you for any insight, and have a great week.

Eric Hansen
Director
Vicksburg District Library<http://www.vicksburglibrary.org/>
EHansen at VicksburgLibrary.org<mailto:EHansen at VicksburgLibrary.org>