[Michlib-l] What is the future of your audiobook on CD collection?

Alyssa Gudenburr alyssa.gudenburr at baldwinlib.org
Thu Jul 13 09:53:01 EDT 2023

Hi All,

I can only speak for the youth audiobook collection. I am currently
focusing on buying only new Playways since they are circulating a lot
better than audiobook CDs. Caregivers appreciate that they are a self
contained unit that only requires headphones and a battery to use. You can
also plug Playaways into your car with a double auxiliary cable. The
classics and older audio CDs are still circulating. So I will be keeping
those for a while and replacing them when I can. I am also keeping all of
the Magic Tree House since Playaway has decided to put only ONE book on ONE
playway. I do not have a shelf space for 30 some Playways.

Best,

Alyssa Gudenburr
(she/her)
Youth Services Librarian