[Michlib-l] Programming Recommendation : Alex Thomas and Friends

Kaitlin Matesich kmatesich at benzieshoreslibrary.org
Thu Jun 29 14:31:04 EDT 2023

Hello Libraryland!
The Benzie Shores District Library just hosted Alex Thomas and Friends for
a T.V. Puppetry Workshop and it was FANTASTIC. This is the second time we
have hosted Alex Thomas and Friends for a program and they have been
consistently wonderful to work with.

We had an intergenerational group and everyone got into the spirit and
participated (even those reluctant caregivers had a great time) ! Everyone
left with huge smiles and a newfound respect for the teamwork required to
make shows, like Sesame Street, as a performer.  We worked on how puppets
can “come to life”, perspective, teamwork, and how live puppet shows are
different from the puppets you see on your screens - along with some of the
“T.V. magic” that you can use to make something spectacular.

They also create great video content with puppets and can fabricate just
about anything. If you have a PSA, a summer reading video, or even training
videos that you think could benefit from some fancy felt friends Alex
Thomas and Friends are the ones to call!

I am happy to answer any questions about our experiences with them but I
would highly recommend their programs and we cannot wait to have them back!

You can check out their website at : https://www.alexthomasandfriends.com/

--
*Kaitlin Matesich*
*Youth Services Coordinator*