[Michlib-l] sign up for teen virtual Quest this summer

MiLibrary Quest milibraryquest at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 13:31:39 EDT 2023

Hello, Michigan librarians!

Your library is invited to participate in the Summer 2023 MiLibraryQuest
for teens.  It is SUPER easy for a library to participate and provides a
fun activity for your teens. Recent quests have had between 110 and 175
teens from across the state submit entries.

Our Quest this summer will be in the format of a digital escape room about
Haunted and Mysterious Michigan.

Teens will be challenged to “Survive Together” as they face all manner of
ghasts and ghouls to solve the mystery of their appearance in our state.
Puzzles and riddles will aid them in the quest.

Details:

Summer Quest will begin on July 1 and end on August 5 or August 12. The
ending date will be updated as soon as it is finalized.

All you have to do as a participating library is:

   -

   Promote the event to your teens (Promotional material templates will be
   provided by the Quest team.)
   -

   Award at least one prize to a teen from your library who completes the
   Quest (The prize is entirely up to you, and you can award more than one if
   you like.)

OPTIONAL things your library can do:

   -

   OPTIONAL: If you would like to have a part of the Quest on your website,
   you can sign up to have a clue on your library’s website.
   -

   OPTIONAL: You can host an in-person program for teens to solve the Quest.

Libraries can sign up to participate at
https://bit.ly/QuestLibrarySignup2023 by May 15. If you want to be one of
the handful of libraries who posts a unique clue on your library’s website,
you’ll need to sign up prior to May 1.

Teens will:

   -

   Access the Escape Room on the MiLibraryQuest website.
   -

   Complete the Quest (on their own or with friends) either online or
   in-person at a library.
   -

   After completing the Quest, fill out the online form provided by the
   Quest to enter to win a prize from their local library.

Additional information is in our FAQs here:
https://bit.ly/SummerQuest2023FAQs  <https://bit.ly/SummerQuest2023FAQs>

A little history:

Following library closures in spring 2020 and a shift to virtual
programming, a group of librarians from throughout the state began meeting
to collaborate on virtual teen programming.  We created MiLibraryQuest, a
virtual scavenger hunt, for all teens throughout the state as a summer
event. We have now offered six Quests with more than one-fourth of Michigan
libraries systems and hundreds of teens participating.

If your library would like to participate, please sign up by May 15 (or May
1, if you’d like to have a clue on your website) here:
https://bit.ly/QuestLibrarySignup2023

If you have any questions, please let us know at MiLibraryQuest at gmail.com.

We hope you will be a part of MiLibraryQuest this summer!

The Quest Team
Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/MiLibrary-Quest-101788845136786> ~
Instagram <https://www.instagram.com/milibraryquest/> ~ Website
<https://milibraryquest.wixsite.com/quest1>