[Michlib-l] Notary Services

Laura Fromwiller lfromwiller at brandonlibrary.org
Fri Nov 10 11:15:57 EST 2023

Good  Morning,

I have been a notary for many years and find it a valuable service to
provide for patrons. It is by appointment only, but if I am available for a
walk-in, I will take them.

You will need a notary bond from your insurance company, then fill out the
form (https://www.michigan.gov/sos/all-services/notary-application - don't
sign it) and take it to your county clerk's office to be sworn in ($10),
then mail the form and a check to the Office of the Great Seal of Michigan
to become official. You will also want to order a log book and stamp (there
are lots of companies out there for this), a seal is optional in Michigan.

Here is our policy:
https://www.brandonlibrary.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/08/Notary-Service-policy-7-25-2023.pdf

I'm happy to answer any questions,

Good luck,