[Michlib-l] iPads, AWEs, or something else?

Killian Weston killianweston at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 11:47:43 EDT 2023

Hello Everyone!

We are currently looking at options for replacing our youth iPads.
Currently, we have three iPads with apps selected for up to age 6 and three
with apps selected for ages 6 and older. We're hoping to find a way to
still offer quality activities but in a way that requires less staff time
to manage (between updates, needing to reset them because kids have tried
to bypass passcodes, etc, they're a lot). We've been considering returning
to AWEs and were wondering what other libraries experiences have been
recently. We're considering both the tablets and the computers (we like the
idea of offering both touch screen tablets and mouse and keyboard use on a
computer).

If you're using something other than iPads, I'd love to hear what you're
using, your experiences with the company, and if you'd recommend them!

Thank you!

Killian Weston
Youth Services Librarian
Bloomfield Township Public Library