[Michlib-l] MLA Conference Special Events

Lisa Waskin lwaskin at superiordistrictlibrary.org
Tue Sep 26 09:56:17 EDT 2023

After Hours Event -
Do you like Trivia but don't have a group of people to go with? Do you enjoy a nice drink on occasion? Are you coming to MLA on Tuesday, October 17th? If your answer to all of these questions is Yes, then we have got the event for you! On Tuesday, October 17th, we will be going on a Pub Crawl in the Kalamazoo area to two well-known venues -  the LFG Gaming Bar https://www.lfgamingbar.com/, and Dabney and Co. https://www.drinkswithdabney.com/.  We will finish up the evening with a fun round of trivia, at Crawlspace Comedy Theatre https://crawlspacecomedy.com/  with host Matt Eickhoff https://www.heresyourhost.com/ . Meet us in the lobby of the conference hotel between 5:30pm and 6:00pm where we will have two groups of folks that you can join up with.  The event lasts until 9:00pm. We hope to see you there!

Silent Auction -
We are bringing back the Silent Auction this year to the MLA Conference in Kalamazoo, and we are still in need of items for bid. Gift certificates, baskets full of goodies, artwork, games, puzzles, books, etc. make really great items for bid. Money from the auction goes to help libraries who are dealing with book challenges to pay for attorney fees, assist in counseling, and to our scholarship fund. These funds are critical to libraries who may have to use their entire program or book budget to pay attorney fees, or to colleagues whose libraries don't have the budget to send them to a conference. If you have an item or items to donate, please contact Cindi Place at bellairelibrary at torchlake.com<mailto:bellairelibrary at torchlake.com> or Lisa Waskin at lwaskin at superiordistrictlibrary.org<mailto:lwaskin at superiordistrictlibrary.org>. The auction runs from Wednesday through Thursday at the conference. Thank you so much for your generosity.

Lisa Waskin, District Director
Superior District Library
541 Library Drive
Sault Sainte Marie, MI 49783