[Michlib-l] Robert Gaylor IDEA Grant Awardee

Katie Greer greer at oakland.edu
Tue Sep 26 10:35:13 EDT 2023

On behalf of the grants committee for the Book and Author Society, I am
delighted to announce that the first Robert Gaylor IDEA Award grant will be
awarded to Center Line Public Library to develop a "Diverse Voices: Young
Adult Book Club & Dialogue." The grant will support a program that
incorporates stakeholders from across the community, outreach plans, events
and materials. In such divided times, we are proud to support initiatives
like Center Line's that will foster learning and conversation.

The grants committee would also like to acknowledge the large number of
excellent grant applications we received. We hope to continue offering this
grant, and others, in future, and we encourage everyone to apply (or apply
again!) in future.

The grant will be formally awarded at our upcoming Author Luncheon on
October 11 at Laurel Park Manor, which will feature authors Etaf Rum, Matt
Gutman, and Lyssa Kay Adama. Ticket sales (closing soon!) to support our
mission and grants are available through our website
<https://www.bookandauthor.org/>.

Congratulations, Center Line Public Library!
--
Katie Greer
she / her