[Michlib-l] Ingram vs Baker and Taylor

Mary Beauchamp mbeauchamp at petoskeylibrary.org
Tue Feb 27 16:05:58 EST 2024

Greetings fellow librarians!
We have always used Ingram as our book vendor, but it seems that in the past year they have significantly slowed down in sending us our orders. And I'm noticing a lot of backorders that are available in secondary warehouses, but not shipped to us. I've been in contact with Ingram, but I just don't know if there is anything that they can do, being such a big company. I do know that they did change their shipping policy last year, and no only ship if there is a certain amount books to ship or a certain amount of time goes by. I'm uncertain if this is the reason for the delays.

So my questions to you all:
If you use Ingram, have you noticed a major delay in the time it takes between ordering and Ingram shipping the order to you?
If you use B&T, are you happy with them? Are you happy with the turnaround time between ordering and receiving books?
Has anyone switched (in the past few years) from Ingram to B&T, and if so- did you notice an improvement in services?

Please send any replies directly to me:      mbeauchamp at petoskeylibrary.org<mailto:mbeauchamp at petoskeylibrary.org>

I can post a compilation of responses at a later date.

Mary Beauchamp
Collection Development & Reference Librarian
Petoskey District Library
500 E. Mitchell St.
Petoskey, MI 49770