[Michlib-l] Fading Labels

Bosman Jr, Donald dbosman at msu.edu
Tue Jan 9 10:30:20 EST 2024

Dymo label printers are thermal printers. They heat the label to make an image. Fast and temporary until heat, age or UV affect the label.

You want thermal transfer printers that use heat to iron on, or heat transfer, resin from a carrier ribbon to polyester or polypropylene label stock.
The question will be, does your catalog program support thermal transfer printers.

Don Bosman
Information Technologist
MSU Libraries
366 W. Circle Drive - Rm.W441