[Michlib-l] Fees

Sarah Skinner sarah at bridgmanlibrary.com
Thu Jan 25 13:39:13 EST 2024

Hello, Michigan Library Folks!

Does your library rent out spaces for meetings/parties/presentations
(community room, etc.)? What kind of fee do you charge? Bonus points if you
have a policy that you can email me! I am in the process of revising some
policies and wanted to see what other libraries are charging.

I am also wondering what you charge for copies at your library. We have not
raised our fees in over 25 years so it may be time! Do you charge for
scanning and faxing as well?

Thank you in advance for any information you can provide!

Kind regards,
Sarah Skinner, MLIS
Executive Director (she/her)

*"The most important asset of any library goes home at night – the library
staff."  ~**Timothy Healy*