[Michlib-l] Michlib-L Listserv Guidelines Reminder

Wartella, Becky (MDE) WartellaB at michigan.gov
Thu Jan 25 13:49:00 EST 2024

Greetings Michigan Library Community,
This is a guidelines reminder about the Michlib-L listserv that is moderated by the Library of Michigan.
Michlib-L is a place to ask for advice, share resources, and engage in library-related discussion. Vendor solicitations are not allowed. All messages are archived and available to all list subscribers.

  *   Constructive Discussion - Help us make this a constructive place for discussion by always working to improve the discussion.
  *   Disagreements - You might disagree with someone's comments. Please remember to criticize ideas not people.
  *   Kindness - We all make mistakes. Respond privately if you see others making mistakes or missteps on the listserv.
  *   Focus - Postings should be relevant to the list they are being posted to.
  *   Clarity - Make sure your post has a relevant and descriptive subject line.
  *   Contact Info - Postings should include your contact information, including name and institution if applicable.
  *   Efficiency - Be mindful of whether your reply needs to go to the entire list. Short responses that don't add to the overall discussion (Example: Congratulations! I agree! I'll take it! Thanks!) can be sent directly to the original poster. Use Reply to send to the poster and Reply All to send to the entire list.
  *   Collate - When appropriate, you are encouraged to collect off-list responses to your questions and repost your compilation to the listserv.
Please note that message attachments are scrubbed from the archives and for subscribers of the digest version. For maximum reach, embed text into the body of your messages. If an attachment is especially important for its images, formatting, or other reasons, upload it to your website and then link to it in your message to Michlib-l.
#1 Tip for Michlib-L Subscribers:
If you do not see your message make it to the list It is likely you are sending your email from a non-subscribed email account. If you are not a member of the listserv or are not subscribed to the list using the email address you are sending a message from your message will not post. You can check your subscription settings here and make your own adjustments: https://lists.mcls.org/mailman/listinfo/michlib-l.
If your posts do not comply with the expectations above, we will reach out to you before unsubscribing you from the list.
Thank you,

Becky Wartella
Department of Education
Library of Michigan