[Michlib-l] Thoughts on Starting a Library Podcast

Jeff Milo jeff at fadl.org
Thu May 9 16:51:41 EDT 2024

We've been producing a podcast out of Ferndale for four years. It's....not
a pain to come up with content, per se. But it *is *a time commitment. Not
even necessarily a huge time commitment. Honestly, I've always thought of
and seen library podcasting as a unique form of social media, and/or
marketing, so you basically just need to sort of turn on that part of your
brain that activates during brainstorming sessions for social media
content. Hmm, if that makes any sense? It's 5pm after a long day 😅

But we think it's definitely worth it. If you keep at it, you could attract
the attention of publicists at major publishing companies who will then
pitch you author interviews

Let me know if you have any questions!

jeff at fadl.org
Jeff Milo