[Michlib-l] Baldwin Public Library- Adult Battle of the Books Event

Haylie May haylie.may at baldwinlib.org
Thu May 30 20:45:40 EDT 2024

Hello everyone!

This summer the Baldwin Public Library is hosting an Adult Battle of the
Books to celebrate the end of summer reading. Teams will go head to head to
answer trivia about the selected books and become this year's winners!

If anyone is interested in signing up with a team of up to 5 they can do so
from our calendar, here
<https://www.baldwinlib.org/calendar/#/events/hI9pfHswlb/instances/nbCI4cAn88/>.
It will be held at Baldwin Public Library in Birmingham on Thursday, August
1st from 7-8:30pm.

The five titles we chose for the battle are:

   - Can't We Talk about Something More Pleasant by Roz Chast
   - City of Thieves by David Benioff
   - Once There Was by Kiyash Monsef
   - Small Things Like These by Claire Keegan
   - Spare Parts: Four Undocumented Teenagers, One Ugly Robot, and the
   Battle for the American Dream by Joshua Davis

We hope to see you there!

--
Haylie May
(she, her, hers)