[Michlib-l] Purchase Opportunity: Two New Books, Michigan Content, Not Available Through Normal Trade Channels

Jim Flury jflury at tln.lib.mi.us
Fri May 30 10:36:09 EDT 2014

All,

We are making available a purchase opportunity for two brand new Michigan-related titles that are not available through our usual (B&T or Partners) sources that we would use for these kinds of things.

List price for The Detroit Anthology is $20.00. Your cost is (the wholesale price of) $12.00 http://www.freep.com/article/20140525/FEATURES05/305250064/detroit-anthology-book

List price for Historic Ann Arbor: An Architectural Guide is $35.00. Your cost is $27.00
http://wemu.org/post/new-book-ann-arbors-architecture-released

Books will be ordered by and shipped/invoiced to, TLN. We will pay the invoice, ship the books to you via either TLN or RIDES delivery, and bill your library or library cooperative. Coordinating orders through the library cooperatives is probably easiest for us, although we will take orders for both books from individual libraries as well.

I will be placing one and only one consolidated purchase order for each of these titles. To that end please send me your library's (or library cooperative's) order for either or both of these titles by no later than Friday, June 13, 2014. I want to order both of these titles asap, as it is likely that the print run for them has not been huge, and I don't want them to go out of stock before we get our purchase order placed.

Please send me your order(s) by Friday, June 13, 2014. Let me know if any questions.

Thanks.

Jim

Jim Flury
Technical Services Manager