[Michlib-l] Fw: 5 new ways to use Libraries Transform

Steven Bowers sbowers at wayne.edu
Wed Oct 25 09:03:20 EDT 2017

Having trouble viewing this e-mail? View as a web page<http://ala.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT03MDQ5NDY5JnA9MSZ1PTEwMDc0MTgzODUmbGk9NDg2ODk1OTY/index.html>

[Libraries Transform Newsletter]

[Facebook]<http://ala.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT03MDQ5NDY5JnA9MSZ1PTEwMDc0MTgzODUmbGk9NDg2ODk1OTc/index.html>[LinkedIn]<http://ala.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT03MDQ5NDY5JnA9MSZ1PTEwMDc0MTgzODUmbGk9NDg2ODk1OTg/index.html>[Twitter]<http://ala.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT03MDQ5NDY5JnA9MSZ1PTEwMDc0MTgzODUmbGk9NDg2ODk1OTk/index.html>[AddThis]<http://ala.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT03MDQ5NDY5JnA9MSZ1PTEwMDc0MTgzODUmbGk9NDg2ODk2MDA/index.html>

Get ready to be inspired: this month’s Libraries Transform newsletter is full of tips and tools to spark your creativity. Read on for new ways you can use the campaign to help support libraries—plus to learn how you can share your own inspiring library story to win a free set of Because statement window clings.

________________________________

Because These 5 Ideas May Inspire You

[James V. Brown Because Statement T-Shirt]For the James V. Brown Library in Williamsport, Penn., the Libraries Transform toolkit was the starting point for building a marketing campaign. To accomplish their goals, the library staff got creative, very creative, with fun ideas to help engage with their community.

>From launching a video series to creating Libraries Transform-themed library cards, some of their ideas might be a great fit for your library! Learn more<http://ala.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT03MDQ5NDY5JnA9MSZ1PTEwMDc0MTgzODUmbGk9NDg2ODk2MDI/index.html> and get inspired by the James V. Brown Library’s clever strategies.

________________________________

New Because Statement

[Fact-Checking Because Statement]Separating fact from fiction poses a unique challenge in the internet era: a recent study found that 80% of middle schoolers couldn’t distinguish between sponsored news content and real journalism.

Luckily, misinformation is no match for a librarian. Show off your library’s expertise with our new statement, “Because librarians have been helping people fact-check since forever.” You can use this statement to promote information literacy programming or display it near newspapers and magazines; it’s available for download now in the Libraries Transform toolkit<http://ala.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT03MDQ5NDY5JnA9MSZ1PTEwMDc0MTgzODUmbGk9NDg2ODk2MDM/index.html>.

________________________________

Happy Health Literacy Month!

[Fake News Because  Statement]Our Health Literacy Month toolkit<http://ala.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT03MDQ5NDY5JnA9MSZ1PTEwMDc0MTgzODUmbGk9NDg2ODk2MDQ/index.html>—created in collaboration with the National Network of Libraries of Medicine—has graphics, data and key messages for raising awareness of the crucial role of libraries in promoting health literacy.

Have you been using our health literacy tools in your library? Email campaign at ala.org<mailto:campaign at ala.org> to share your story.

________________________________

Because Getting a Library Card Just Got Faster and Easier

[OverDrive Interface]

Many libraries offer anytime, anywhere e-books and audiobooks—but what if the library is closed or you are out of town? Get a Library Card, a new program from OverDrive, makes it possible to sign up for a library card with just a few taps on a smart phone. This is one of many ways that libraries are transforming to make their life-changing resources accessible to more and more members of their communities; learn more<http://ala.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT03MDQ5NDY5JnA9MSZ1PTEwMDc0MTgzODUmbGk9NDg2ODk2MDU/index.html>.

Share Your Story for a Chance to Win

[Because Statement Window Clings]Libraries across the country transform lives in so many ways—does your library have a story relating to one of our Libraries Transform Because statements?

Let us know<http://ala.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT03MDQ5NDY5JnA9MSZ1PTEwMDc0MTgzODUmbGk9NDg2ODk2MDY/index.html> by November 5, 2017, for a chance to win four window clings to display at your libraries.

More than 7,800 libraries and library advocates have joined the Libraries Transform campaign!

Because of you, Libraries Transform!    [Screenshot:  Map of Libraries Transform Libraries]