[Michlib-l] DPL's 2019 African American Booklist

Alma Wyden Simmons spelman73 at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 8 08:56:29 EDT 2019

For more than 50 years, the Detroit Public Library has annually produced a bibliography of the selected best reads by and/or about African Americans. Works of fiction and nonfiction for adults, children and young adults are reviewed and recommended by our librarians.

Our 2019 African American Booklist is entitled, "Inventing Lives: Black Women Writing Our Story." The booklist includes an insightful historical essay by Dr. Mary Helen Washington, Distinguished University Professor at the University of Maryland, College Park. If you would like to receive a copy, please email your request to Alma Simmons at asimmons at detroitpubliclibrary.org<mailto:asimmons at detroitpubliclibrary.org>.