[Michlib-l] paper library card records

Stanczak, Cindy cstanczak at albionlibrary.org
Wed Jul 3 16:24:02 EDT 2019

Our new ILS (Biblionix Apollo) has an option to scan and upload an
attachment to a patron record, so we're in the process of scanning,
attaching, and then shredding our file cabinet of applications.  The
thought it is that we still have it available to document (for us, adults
(including parent/guardian) accepting financial responsibility for fines,
fees, and damages), so we don't need to keep the paper copy.  New or
updated forms are double-checked for accuracy by a circulation staff member
and then processed for scanning and attachment before it's shredded.  We're
making good progress on the project, considering we're only putting 4
hrs/wk towards it.

I'll be so happy when that cabinet is gone!  This is a management wishlist
item for me.

*Cynthia Stanczak*
Library Director
Albion District Library
501 S. Superior St.
Albion, MI  49224
(517) 629-3993

Albion District Library: Transforming Minds, Changing Lives.
Proudly serving our community since 1919.
Online at www.albionlibrary.org, or find us on Facebook!