[Michlib-l] Special Needs Programming

Andrea Ingmire aingpwpl at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 10:06:56 EDT 2019

Hi all,
We've had several requests of late for adults with special needs attending
children's programming. Some programming seems to be fine for adults to
participate, while with other programs its a bit difficult. Just wondering
if you've encountered this situation and how you handle it?

Do you allow adults with special needs to attend children's programs?
Have you set some programs with strict age and or target audience
participants only?
Have you developed special programming targeted at special needs adults?

So far we've handled each situation on the fly. Which is fine, but there
have been a few this summer that have been tricky, and I guess we need to
be more strategic in how we are handling this situation.

*Andrea IngmireLibrary DirectorPeter White Public Library*
(906) 226-4303 (office)
(906) 250-0080 (cell)
(906) 226-1783 (fax)
*http://pwpl.info/ <http://pwpl.info/>*