[Michlib-l] Seeking public library experience

Kimberly Essenburg kimberlaina at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 17:40:33 EST 2020

Hi everyone,

I am looking to gain experience in a public library setting as an intern or
volunteer.  I graduated from Wayne State with my MLIS in 2011 and I am
currently re-enrolled to complete a graduate certificate in school
librarianship.  I've been working as a high school English teacher for 15
years, so I have a great deal of experience working with teens and
literacy-related issues.  My goal is to become a teen or adult services
librarian in the West Michigan area or to work in a school library.

Does anyone have any advice on how to gain more library work experience, or
do you have a need for an intern or volunteer, preferably in West
Michigan?  What do you look for on a resume when you hire?  Taking a
part-time job in place of teaching is unfortunately not an option for me.
Your help is very much appreciated.

--
Kimberly Essenburg
kimberlaina at gmail.com