[Michlib-l] Determining Residency and Millages for Public Library Cards

Paul McCann pmccann at dexter.lib.mi.us
Fri Feb 14 10:31:04 EST 2020

Hi Jocelyn and Shoshana,

In Dexter, we use the Washtenaw County parcel lookup at
Washtenaw.org>>services>>Property/Parcel Lookup.  This diverts the
viewer off to an older site at
https://secure3.ewashtenaw.org/ecommerce/property/pStart.do This has
been helpful for us because each individual parcel lists the school
district where taxes are paid.  Our boundaries are the same as the
Dexter School District, so it makes it easy to determine if someone is
inside or outside our boundary.

We also use a similar service through Livingston County as we overlap
counties. https://www.bsaonline.com/?uid=2015 Washtenaw and Livingston
both provide this service for free.

Many municipalities use the BS&A service and these records will show
school district and municipality.  The Village of Vicksburg provides
access here https://bsaonline.com/?uid=2081 I'm not sure how big your
service area is, so you might need to investigate whether your
surrounding townships provide this separately.  I looked up Prevos
Family Markets at 137 N Main in Vicksburg.  It looks like Vicksburg
charges for look-ups.  There is an account set-up option and option 1 on
the result said the service was free to homeowners and current
residents.  Kalamazoo County looks like it provides the service free at
https://bsaonline.com/?uid=405 and also showed the Prevos entry in
Vicksburg, but it looks like the County provides less information that
other municipalities.  They show total taxes paid, but not detailed
parcel information, like school district.  You might be able to get a
free log on from the county that would provide more information.

Hope this helps,
Paul

Paul McCann				Dexter District Library
Library Director			3255 Alpine St.