[Michlib-l] Friends of the Library fundraising workshop

Shannon White - Library of Michigan whites29 at michigan.gov
Mon Oct 12 08:05:01 EDT 2020

Hi Lisa. You have access to several webinars that have been recorded during COVID on the United for Libraries site. Some of these are about Friends and fundraising. You may find something that fits your need there.  All of the Michigan Friends of the Library, library staff and trustees have access to the resources.

Friends can also join the UFL Friends discussion groups here http://www.ala.org/united/friends/forum

One of the webinars available in the training center here http://www.ala.org/united/trustee-training is this one listed below:

Friends of the Library and the Future of Booksales - As libraries began to reopen or develop reopening plans, how can Friends of the Library groups reimagine their booksales? How will accepting book donations and conducting sales change? Join a panel of speakers who will discuss how they are rethinking booksales, fundraising, and events.
Also the Friends of Michigan Libraries, FOML, is a statewide group that support Friends and you can find information about that organization on their website listed here. Friends groups can also join. You may want to reach out to them to find out what they can offer. www.foml.org<http://www.foml.org>

This project was made possible in part by the Institute of Museum and Library Services.

Shannon White
Library Development Manager
Library of Michigan, 702 W. Kalamazoo, Lansing, MI 48909
Whites29 at michigan.gov<mailto:Whites29 at michigan.gov>  517-335-1507 | www.mi.gov/libraryofmichigan<http://www.mi.gov/libraryofmichigan>