[Michlib-l] local SF convention in Romulus October 1-3

Jennifer Dye jdye at detroitpubliclibrary.org
Mon Aug 30 15:35:23 EDT 2021

One sign of returning to normal (using an alternative definition of "normal") is the return of a small local SF convention. Fiasco was launched in 2019, and was virtual in 2020. It will be live and in person this year. This is a small convention, run by an enthusiastic group of volunteers. I doubt that they have filed for 501(c)(3) status, but this is not a profit-driven project.

Flyer is attached. I would have preferred one written for the general population that gave basic details and the website. This is providing the sort of information that people expect in a flyer picked up at another convention. If you would like something for the general population for posting, let me know.

Happy to answer any questions, though I may need to refer the questions to people on the committee. Fiasco is intended to be family friendly. I will be making sure that there are some activities for younger kids, especially a place for decompression.

Jennifer

Jennifer Dye
BST/SSER, Assistant Manager
Main Branch
Detroit Public Library

jdye at detroitpubliclibrary.org

Main Branch
5201 Woodward Ave.
Tu-Sat 10-6
Detroit, Michigan 48202

[DPL Logo]<http://www.detroitpubliclibrary.org>
Detroit Public Library Disclaimer

This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual(s) addressed in the message. If you are not the named addressee, you should not disseminate, distribute, or copy this e-mail. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that disclosing, distributing, or copying this e-mail is strictly prohibited.