[Michlib-l] Information Literacy and Public Libraries

Adrianne Schinkai amschinkai at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 15:47:46 EDT 2021

Hello everyone,

I’m looking into the idea of putting together classes/presentations on
teaching computer use and information literacy concepts for public library
patrons. Thus far, I have gotten no further than planning a series that
would be like…

·         Session 1: An Introduction to Computers

·         Session 2: Setting Up and Using Email

·         Session 3: The Basics of Microsoft Word

·         Session 4: The Basics of Microsoft Excel

·         Session 5: Finding Information on the Internet

Pretty bland when you look at it. I’m wondering if anyone out there has
some interesting ideas for teaching technology and information literacy in
public libraries. Unfortunately, we do not have a computer lab and I’m kind
of stumped on how I would do this otherwise.

Thanks in advance!
--
Adrianne M. Schinkai

   - Head of Reference and Circulation Services
   - Vicksburg District Library, Vicksburg, MI
   - Work Email <aschinkai at vicksburglibrary.org>
   - Personal Email <amschinkai at gmail.com>
   - LinkedIn Account <https://www.linkedin.com/in/amschinkai/>
   - She/Her
   - Currently reading: *The Midnight Library *by Matt Haig and *Malibu
   Rising* by Taylor Jenkins Reid