[Michlib-l] Information Literacy and Public Libraries

Laura Warren-Gross warrengrossl at mcls.org
Mon Aug 30 16:23:00 EDT 2021

Hi Adrianne:

There are several great infographics and promotional pieces regarding information literacy (and MeL use) on the MeL Library Staff Page (Library Staff - Library Staff - Michigan eLibrary at Michigan eLibrary, Library of Michigan (mel.org)<https://mel.org/staff> ) including the Information Literacy Top 3 Basics. I also recommend scrolling down to the Search Strategies section to have a look at a few of the documents provided by EBSCO such as the difference between MeL eResources and a general Internet search, the differences among different types of publications, and how to assess trustworthy resources. A discussion of a few of these with exemplar articles from different types of sources might be a good way to do a hands-on activity about information literacy without everyone having a computer/device in the moment.

Laura