[Michlib-l] reminder: Poetry Out Loud registration deadline

Katie Wittenauer kwittenauer at mihumanities.org
Fri Jan 8 11:04:19 EST 2021

Dear Michigan library community,

Today, January 8, is our deadline for Michigan's Poetry Out Loud<https://www.michiganhumanities.org/poetry-out-loud/> partner registration for the 2021 program. That being said, we have some leeway with the deadline and partner organization this year, and I welcome all inquiries!

If you work with high schools, homeschool groups, or other community organizations that partner with high school students, this program may be of interest, and I'm happy to talk with you or your local teachers about potential opportunities.

Poetry Out Loud (POL) is a national poetry recitation competition for high school students. By encouraging youth to learn about great poetry through memorization and performance, students can master public speaking skills, build self-confidence, and learn about their literary heritage. The program and all materials are provided to each partner at no cost. Poetry Out Loud is a partnership of Michigan Humanities (MH), Michigan Council for Arts and Cultural Affairs (MCACA), the National Endowment for the Arts (NEA), the Poetry Foundation, and the National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH). Additional support is generously provided by Meijer and the Liesel Litzenburger Meijer Fund.

Due to COVID-19 safety precautions, this year's State Finals will be virtual, as will the National Finals.

Please let me know if you have any questions, and I look forward to talking with you soon!

Best,
Katie

Katie Wittenauer
Director of Programs