[Michlib-l] Sign up by May 1 for MiLibraryQuest - a virtual teen event this summer

MiLibrary Quest milibraryquest at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 09:46:44 EDT 2022

Hello, Michigan Librarians!

Your library is invited to participate in the Summer 2022 MiLibraryQuest
for teens.  It is SUPER easy for a library to participate and we had 110
teens from across the state submit entries last summer.

Following library closures in spring 2020 and a shift to virtual
programming, a group of librarians from throughout the state began meeting
to collaborate on virtual teen programming.  We created MiLibraryQuest, a
virtual scavenger hunt, for all teens throughout the state as a summer
event. We have now offered four Quests with hundreds of teens
participating.

Our next Quest will be held this summer from June 15 through July 31.

Sunday, May 1 is the deadline for libraries to sign up to participate:
https://bit.ly/MiLibraryQuest2022SignUp

The theme of MiLibraryQuest Summer 2022 is “Treasures of the Deep.” This
Quest will challenge teen explorers to complete a crossword puzzle by
finding clues on the websites of Michigan libraries. Answers to the puzzle
will include famous pirates, real shipwrecks, and mythological monsters.  Teens
will enter to win a prize from their library after completing the crossword
puzzle.

All you have to do as a library is:

   - Place the MiLibraryQuest logo and a library-specific clue (which will
   be provided by the Quest team) on your website
   - Promote the event to your teens (Promotional materials will be
   available from the Quest team.)
   - Award at least one prize to a teen from your library who completes the
   Quest (The prize is up to you!)

Additional information is in the FAQs here: https
://bit.ly/SummerQuest2022FAQs

If your library would like to participate, please sign up by May 1 here:
https://bit.ly/MiLibraryQuest2022SignUp
<https://bit.ly/MiLibraryQuest2022SignUp>

If you have any questions, please let us know at MiLibraryQuest at gmail.com.

We hope you will be a part of MiLibraryQuest this summer!

The Quest Team
Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/MiLibrary-Quest-101788845136786> ~
Instagram <https://www.instagram.com/milibraryquest/> ~ Website
<https://milibraryquest.wixsite.com/quest1>