[Michlib-l] E-mail Hosting question

Kelaine Mish chimp1cards at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 21:33:45 EST 2022

Here is additional recent information on the Microsoft offerings that differ slightly from the 2020 blog post below.  Licensing offers have changed.. https://blog.techsoup.org/posts/helping-public-libraries-navigate-microsofts-program-changes

Also want to make note that  our library system changed to the office 365 cloud based offerings and the limitations of the cloud based apps VS desktop had us move to a higher tier beyond the free offer.

We still maintain gmail accounts for our outreach staff because of the number of schools who maintain a google environment and the ease of sharing documents through google.

Also have to admit..there was a huge level of frustration with the Microsoft calendar environment VS the google calendar user experience.

Hope this helps,

Kelaine Mish
Kent District Library