[Michlib-l] HELP!! I'm now paying attention lol

Mark Morton director at lelandlibrary.org
Wed Jun 1 16:25:18 EDT 2022

Hi Joann,
Here is the link to the Michigan election schedule for 2022. It has
submission deadlines for proposals (including local millages). You may be
too late for August, but please verify this for yourself.
Mark
2022 Election Dates Booklet (michigan.gov)
<https://www.michigan.gov/sos/-/media/Project/Websites/sos/01mcalpine/2022_Election_Dates_Booklet_738675_7-(2).pdf?rev=dbace5d1524c4156863185a1e9fe2410&hash=AE6210C960392A93D403BAA88B8442D1>

On Wed, Jun 1, 2022 at 4:02 PM Joann Simmons via Michlib-l <
michlib-l at mcls.org> wrote:

> Okay, I will admit to not paying attention when it is something that "no
> way in the world would that ever happen here" is being chatted about.  It
> seems that in all the changes in the world lately....it's now happening
> here.
> What are the policies of dogs in the library?  My response was service
> dogs. Emotional support.  Is there something we can ask for for that or do
> we take their word for it?
> Yesterday I found out that there are no elections in our district except
> in November of next year.  That doesn't leave room for a second chance, so
> I need to have my wording in by August and be on the ballot this year?  How
> does Headlee reductions fit in to asking for my full amount back?  So
> instead of retiring and running the Yes campaign, I will do the millage and
> just plain retire!! lol
>
> Joann Simmons
>
> Director
>
> Hudson Carnegie District Library (zv170)
>
> 205 S. Market St.
>
> Hudson MI 49247
>
> 517-448-3801
>
> director at hudsoncdl.org