[Michlib-l] Normal Cognitive Decline vs. Dementia: When to Worry Program

Anna Granch anna.granch at farmlib.org
Mon Jun 13 12:51:20 EDT 2022

Please join the Farmington Community Library for our upcoming program: "Normal Cognitive Decline vs. Dementia: When to Worry." See details below.

Date: Thursday, June 30th
Time: 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM
Location: Conference Room A at the Twelve Mile Library (32737 W 12 Mile Rd) AND virtually via Microsoft Teams
Registration: Register here<https://farmlib.evanced.info/signup/EventDetails?EventId=33196&Lib=ALL&backTo=Calendar&startDate=2022/06/13> OR call (248) 848-4311

Program Description: Join Lynn Breuer (LMSW, CDP), Mackenzie Steele (LMSW, CHC), and Joely Lyons (LMSW) from Jewish Family Service for a presentation focusing on the differences between normal cognitive decline versus dementia.

This presentation will highlight cognitive changes, separating the normal age-related cognitive changes we're all likely to experience, from a more troublesome form of dementia. Specific examples will be included so attendees leave with a very clear idea of what's worrisome and what isn't. This presentation will also include tips for interacting with loved ones with dementia and information on caregiver stress and burnout.

Best,
Anna

Anna Granch (she/her)
Senior Outreach Coordinator