[Michlib-l] Matt Willis Named New Willard Library Director

Steven Kish skish at ltu.edu
Wed Jun 15 15:57:58 EDT 2022

Congratulations to Matt and the Battle Creek community!

I met Matt at Eastern Michigan University way, way back in the day and we
have remained close friends since. (He is the person who actually first
recommended that I think about going to library school!) He is a person of
great character and empathy who spends loads of time thinking about the
vocation, the Willard Library and his community. I sincerely believe that
the board of trustees made a great decision in picking him to next carry
the torch for Willard.

Cheers,

Steven Kish

On Wed, Jun 15, 2022 at 1:35 PM Kristine Pioch via Michlib-l <
michlib-l at mcls.org> wrote:

> Willard Library has big news to share:
>
> Matt Willis, currently deputy director of operations for Willard Library
> in Battle Creek, has been selected to be the new director of the library
> after Catherine Christ Lucas retires June 30. On Tuesday, the library board
> of trustees unanimously voted to offer the director job to Willis, who has
> been with the library for 20 years. Read more at
> tinyurl.com/WLAdultPrograms
>
> Kristine Pioch
> Willard Library Public Relations Librarian

*Steven Kish*

*Reference LibrarianLawrence Technological University Library*

*Email <library at ltu.edu>, call <2482043000>or 24/7 chat with
<https://libguides.ltu.edu/247help> the LTU Library (fastest)*
*Direct email: skish at ltu.edu <skish at ltu.edu> (will reply my next scheduled
shift)*