[Michlib-l] QR Code Generator - free?

Michelle Leines mleinesbenzonialibrary at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 09:48:31 EDT 2022

I just found this article the other day on QR codes. I tested the FREE
Google Chrome option on my Android phone & it worked great. Here’s the link
to the full article that gives all the  details. It also discussed QR Code
Generator which I did not try. I have also detailed the basic instructions
for using the Google Chrome QR code app below.

Hope this is helpful.

Michelle Leines, Assistant Director

Benzonia Public Library

231-882-4111

https://www.businessinsider.com/create-qr-code

*How to create a QR code with Google Chrome*

You can use the google Chrome app for Android or iPhone/iPad to create a QR
code.

*For Android users*

*1.* On the Google Chrome app, navigate to the website you want to create a
QR code for.

*2.* In the top-right corner, tap the icon of three vertical dots.

*3.* Tap *Share *in the drop-down, then select *QR Code*.

*4.* Beneath the QR code on the next screen, tap *Download* to save the QR
code to your device. You can then send it to others via text, email,
messaging app, etc.

*For iPhone or iPad users*

*1.* On the Google Chrome app, navigate to the website you want to create a
QR code for.

*2.* In the top-right corner next to the address bar, tap the *Share* symbol,
which looks like a square with an arrow pointing upward.

*3.* Scroll down and tap *Create a QR Code*.

*4.* Tap *Share*, then choose how you want to share the QR code (via text,
email, messaging app, etc.)

*5.* Optional: You can tap *Save Image* to save the QR code for future use.